Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London Archers is a target & field archery club for archers from all over London. We shoot at Kensington Palace Gardens in the summer & in Pimlico during the winter.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can my child practise archery with London Archers? What age can someone start shooting?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
London Archers
Admin
Admin
London Archers

Character sheet
Experience: Admin
Bow: -

Can my child practise archery with London Archers? What age can someone start shooting? Empty
PostSubject: Can my child practise archery with London Archers? What age can someone start shooting?   Can my child practise archery with London Archers? What age can someone start shooting? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:34 am

Archery is often described as a sport for all ages. However, we generally recommend that children do not start to shoot until they are at least 12 or 13, as younger children are still developing physically, and until they are older, it can be quite easy to damage growing muscles or bones.

London Archers has a 'junior' section, for archers under the age of 18, and we welcome archers who have shot before joining the 'junior club' – juniors can join in the same way 'seniors' can (see transferring membership to London Archers). If a child has not shot before, they may be able to join our beginners' courses to learn the sport. However this is dependent on instructors with the appropriate Criminal Records Bureau checks being available.
Back to top Go down
https://londonarchers.forumotion.co.uk

Can my child practise archery with London Archers? What age can someone start shooting?
Page 1 of 1